Open Budget About v0.1.0 has just been released!
Here are the changes for the first release:
- This project
- Add initial site configurations. #1
- Add README. #2
- Add editorconfig file. #3
- Add Code of Conduct file. #4
- Add Contributing guide. #5
- Use GPL 3.0 as the license for this project. #6
- Add Changelog file. #7
- Use Minimal Mistakes as the site’s theme. #8
- Add favicon. #9
- Add initial content for About page. #10
- Import existing blog posts from Medium blog. #11
- Add Disqus comments for blog posts. #12
This is the first release for About. Creating this site was something that I’ve been thinking about for a while, but I wasn’t sure if I should do it at all.
In the end, I gave in because it made a lot of sense to have a separate site for static content like information about the product or blog posts. I also wanted to have our own site for our content because while Medium is a great platform, the content isn’t completely ours once it gets posted there.
There’s also the issue about SEO and comments. Using Jekyll just makes a lot of sense since it provides a lot of features that we don’t have to write as part of UI.
I don’t think we’ll have as much releases for About as the other repos though, but that shouldn’t be a problem.